- Full itinerary
- Similar Tours
The tour begins with your arrival in the ancient capital of the Inca Empire, Cusco, surrounded by dazzling landscapes, with great historical and architectural legacy, followed by a wonderful and peaceful train ride, where we will appreciate dazzling landscapes, with various species of flora and fauna. and a differentiated vegetation. Already in Machu Picchu, we will begin a visit of approximately 2 hours and a half touring the circuit that covers the most important and historical points of the Inca civilization. Peru Grand Travel agency opts for this circuit, looking for a better satisfaction and use of the tour by our customers, because according to the new rules is the most complete circuit to know the citadel. To make your tour even more amazing and exciting,
Peru Grand Travel, will have the greatest pleasure in contributing to the realization of your dream, offering a quality service, whether private or shared, with safe transport, comfort, trained professionals, always thinking for the well-being and satisfaction of our customers.
- DAY 1
- THIS TOUR
- THIS TOUR
Cusco - Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - 02h30m tour
Early in the morning, agreed time, we will pick you up at your hotel, we will go to the Ollantaytambo train station, there we will board the train that will take us to Aguas Calientes.
After a trip of almost 04 hours we will arrive at the station of Aguas Calientes, where our guide will be waiting for you with a palette with your name, then we will go to the bus station where we will continue 30 additional minutes, we will climb 400 m along a Zigzagging path to reach the " Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu" also known as "The Lost City of the Incas".
Upon arriving at the citadel of Machu Picchu with our guide, we will show the entrance tickets, and start with the tour of the entire citadel. During 02h30m approx. We will visit the main places such as: The Plaza Mayor , the Temple of the Sun , the Sacred Solar Clock known as “ Intiwatana ”, the royal quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows , the Temple of the Condor among many other attractions that has the wonder of “ Macchu Picchu". At the end of the guided tour our guide will leave you in an area that you can use to take pictures.
In the afternoon it will be the return to the town of Aguas Calientes, where you will have free time to enjoy your lunch in one of the many restaurants or if you prefer at the Sanctuary Lodge (lunch is on your own).
At the end of the afternoon, we will board the return train to Ollantaytambo (Depending on the availability of train departure time), the return will follow the same outbound route.
TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT:
Since January 1, 2019, the rules regarding the entrance to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu changed. Now the time limit for the visit is 04 hours with entry shifts every hour. The schedule for entering Machu Picchu will be according to the departure time of your train.
We must take into account that the visit to the citadel of Machu Picchu is one way and that having passed through a place you can not return. In addition, there is no re-entry, if we leave the citadel we will not be able to re-enter. Re-entry is only possible if your ticket includes the Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain.
After returning from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, if the schedule allows it, we recommend visiting the Chávez Ballón Museum, which is the site museum of Machu Picchu, admission from 12:00 hrs is free; To enter you just have to present your valid passport.
We must take into account that in the low season and high season it will be necessary to wait in line to board the one-way bus Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu and return from Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes, as well as to board the return train from Aguas Calientes. Our guide will help you with recommendations to dose your hours in the best way.
THINGS FOR YOUR VISIT TO MACHU PICCHU TO BE MUCH INCREDIBLE
- Request exclusive guide for Machu Picchu
- Request lunch at one of the best restaurants near the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu, Sanctuary Lodge . It is just asking one of our consultants to make your purchase. It's very easy (USD 45.00 per person)
- Transfer Hotel in Cusco - Ollantaytambo train station - Hotel in Cusco
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes (EXPEDITION 05: 05/06: 10/08: 29 according to availability)
- Bus ticket Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Entrance Ticket to Machu Picchu
- Guided Tour in Machu Picchu 2h30m
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo (EXPEDITION 15: 20/16: 22/18: 20 according to availability)
- Phone calls
- Extra expenses
- Travel insurance
- Entrance to the Huayna Picchu mountain or Machu Picchu mountain: USD 40.00 per person (Requires to be booked well in advance)
- If you prefer to travel on the VISTADOME train (Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes: 07:05 and Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo: 15: 48/16: 22/17: 23) - train service (VIP): USD 80.00 per person (round trip)
What to wear
- Passport or original identity card (the same document with which you will make the reservation)
- A light backpack
- Bottle of mineral water
- Snack, chocolates, energy bars
- Personal hygiene products
- Toilet paper
- Sun hat or hat
- Rainwear or rain poncho
- Long Shirts (There are many mosquitoes in Machu Picchu)
- Light pants
- Trekking shoes
- Camera, extra memory and additional batteries
- Personal medications (headache, anti-inflammatory)
- Emergency money (preferably in soles)
Tour price per person